This week has been intense. Deadline week of the Threaded Stories Commission with St. Brigid's Family resource centre in Waterford. Plus hero husband away all week, 3 boys and moi by ourselves.
This morning after a run to get petrol, domestic food shop all before the school run I decided to go for a walk in the woods.
The last time I went walking in Courtown Woods it became a photo walk this morning I needed to move. So I set myself the strict task of no lolly gagging, staring at trees, fallen over forest debris or lush early summer growth. Focused twenty minutes of walking.
As I came to end of that brisk pace squirrels started hoping around the path ahead. Their life's mission is to find nuts. They are very focused on that.
What are you focused on?
It you look around you can find teaching anywhere.
It was lovely to get heart centred in the forest and do some yoga stretching too.
Creative Art Practice of Roisin Markham, the home to her studio, ideas, workshops, resources, books, computer, boxes of magic & art materials. Basically the world that evolves around her creativity. Sister blog to creativedynamix.blogspot.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Thinking about my blog post yesterday and Rose Hughes comment about "I also find it intriguing how a motif may capture us in our youth...
-
terrible exposure it fails as a photographic exposure but... I love it! this is more visual commentary then text, written or verbal... ...
-
a story a day proposal for healthcare art residency c. 2008 Roisin Markham. Ideas, proposals, projects. They may seem to go away but the...

2 comments:
Sometimes I envy those with a very decided focus (like the squirrels), but not for long... I have a great deal of passions in my life -- the idea of focus though is important and choosing the priority of my focus requires constant meditation.
Thanks for your comment and shout out on twitter Rose. I would have said that through your fibre textile art, teaching and publishing you are very focused... its that new ipad is n't it?
Post a Comment