Friday, December 4, 2009

Documenting work

If you have been following my blog you know that some time ago I took out work from my studio dating back to 1998...
This has caused several things to happen and made me realise some important things.
  • It is important to document your work; it shows process and progress
  • Not all work is or should be for sale
  • Sometimes you have to work through the dross before you get to the good stuff
  • When you hit a good flow of work go for it, go for it, go for it...
  • I need to edit my work more
  • I am overly critical of my own work (are we all?)
  • sometimes the dross is where the gold is...

Other things of passing interest:

I could not get past painting red circles so in  2005 I stopped painting for a while.
Even when I did n't put the predominent colour on the pallete (actually I use a white plate) the colour still ended up dominating the painting. It was very frustrating. Some times you just have to go with it or change meduim.
I could not stop painting blue so in 2008 I stopped painting for a while.

No comments:

Popular Posts