Thursday, January 31, 2013

2013 clearly time to clarify creative direction

Earlier in January I wondered what I was going to do with my creative practice this year. Actually I wondered that all last year too... This is not a hobby this is my life's work my core soul purpose. That sounds a bit dramatic I know but that is the sense of it as I write.
As I enjoyed the Christmas break I thought I'd nothing clarified as a goal or a must do for 2013...
Then I started listing out what I wanted to do in 2013 in no particular order:
• clean my studio including archive client work and edit my own work
• paint simply paint
• make felt
• create a large textile wall hanging for Wexford Fringe Festival, I visualise a long textile that you can stand inside hung in a spiral that you walk into a curve giving you a different experience of the textures, translucent tactile opaque nature of the work
• bring my work 3D
• do a physical computing course
• create print exhibit sell iPhone edited fine art print range
• make great art
• find suitable spaces to sell work
• communicate regularly with patrons, owners of my work, potential buyers, fans and commissioners
Realising I'd already a list in my head without really thinking about also puts how I work into perspective.
Now as we all know it's so important to write out what you want to achieve. It is also important to publicly state your goals. These are my personal practice goals these are not my work - community or client - goals - I've even bigger plans there...
Where are you with your creativity, arts practice or creative process?

No comments:

Popular Posts